1.20.2012

2.0

Somewhere in the last year, I forgot the extent of God's love for me.  I forgot the ways in which he touched my heart. I forgot his tenderness and about his attention to detail.  I forgot that he wants to set my heart aflame with his love. I forgot that he is with me, always.

I want to walk consciously with that thought, that God is ALWAYS with me. It transforms thought and it shifts paradigms.

On a different note..............
I love Lord of the Rings.  My favorite character is Arwen, I want to be like her.  There is this fierce beauty to her.  She is both an elegant maiden and a warrior.  Tolkien describes her in the following way:

Young she was and yet not so. The braids of her dark hair were touched by no frost; her white arms and clear face were flawless and smooth, and the light of stars was in her bright eyes, grey as a cloudless night; yet queenly she looked, and thought and knowledge were in her glance, as of one who has known many things that the years bring.
Obviously, there is a bit of fantasy here, something I will never be able to physically attain...but I'd like to be captivating, and inviting, elegant and wise. I cannot strive to be like that though...it would defeat the purpose.  To be beautiful is to be at rest.  I cannot strive, instead I must be.  And to be, I must find myself in God. For it's his beauty that lasts.  My beauty is only a result of his.

.