2.19.2013

The heart of a woman


Tell me I'm lovely
That I'm worth the fight.
or more, worth the wait.

Will you forget me when I'm gone?
If my lips are shut
and my hands can no longer write
if we're far apart
Will I quickly fade from your mind?

What if you couldn't know
What if you couldn't see
What if the road ahead was all twisted and turned
With no encouragement from me -
would your love remain?

Day after day you remarked on my worth
Treasured me and gave me your word.
You called me a princess
said that you'd go the distance
And in this moment I wonder
if I'm really worth it.

My sister said it before me,
I echo a similar cry,
"Place me like a seal over your heart,
like a seal on your arm;
for love is as strong as death -
unyielding as the grave."

And in return I long to hear
what my brother said to her,
"You have stolen my heart,
my sister, my bride;
you have stolen my heart
with one glance of your eyes."

Would the love you claimed remain?
Or do I wait for when
truer love comes my way

I guess that feels like the ultimate love story to me...the love that grows even after I'm gone, when I'm out of sight, or far away. An enduring love that stands the test of time and space - like a wild fire that cannot be tamed; like the rain that can't be kept from falling to the earth.

- A

.