7.20.2011

Surrender

I'm falling in love with so much more than me.

This is a poem I wrote called "Surrender" It's about laying down your heart for God's heart. It's about searching after the ultimate love.

When I alone plan the course before
Less grace upon my head is poured
So I give up my heart to all of you

When I seek to gain an honored place
I know that I may fall from grace
So I give up my heart to all of you

When I pray that I may find true love
I fix my eyes on things above
And I give up my heart to all of you

When I think upon my hopes and dreams
And I pray about what might be
I give up my heart to all of you

It’s in you a put my trust,
It’s in you I put my faith,
It’s in you that all my dreams come true.

You are my everlasting love
On you I set my sights upon
In you I find true love and happiness.

You are enough,
You are enough,
You are enough for me.

So I give up my heart to all of you.
     It's hard to give up your heart, but God doesn't mistreat it.  God takes our hearts, heals the damage that's been done to it. He treats it like the precious treasure that it is. Proverbs 4:23
     It hurts because he refuses to just give us a band-aid, he removes the splinter and medicates the wound.  He loves us too much to let us live with an infection. Even if, like a young child, we fight and thrash and protest against His aid. Or when tears roll down our cheeks from the pain of removal. But He saves us from infection, or perhaps a fate far worse than that. Jeremiah 33:6
     All the while, He sees us through, comforting us. He gives us hope, love and the faith to dream of more than we would have previously settle for - because we didn't know our worth, we didn't know how the father has always seen us. Romans 8:29-32
     Dream big, all the while surrendering all of yourself to all of Him. The deeper we seek after God, the more our hearts align with His-the more our desries align with His. Matthew 6:21
     When we are seeking after the things of the Lord, it is far more likely that our desires will be given to us. Psalm 37:4-6    
     And in His perfect timing, He will bring about the truest, deepest, desires of our hearts. Ephesians 3:17b-20 
     If God is "good" than He is always good - even in our lack. Psalm 107:9

.